Looking and feeling great through diet and lifestyle change: is it worth it?
Perhaps you want to lose weight.
Maybe you have nagging health complaints.
Or, perhaps you just want to feel better and have more energy.
To lose body fat, you could pop the latest diet pill. You could take another pill to mask that nagging headache, and you could drink coffee and energy drinks to get you through the day.
You are probably aware, however, that for results to be healthy and sustainable, you need to skip the quick fixes and make improvements to your diet and lifestyle, and that means there are things you will have to do more of and things you will have to give up.
“Yes”, you say, “but is it worth it?”
Only you can answer that question. After all, it is your body and your life.
Let’s weigh up the pros and cons.
Diet and lifestyle change brings many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Improved overall health
- Improved energy
- Improved sleep
- Fewer food cravings
- You’ll be happier with how you look
- You’ll cope with stress more easily
- You will not need to rely on caffeine or other stimulants
- You may be able to come off some of your medications
What might you have to do more of?
- Meals may require extra thought and planning
- Discipline might be required in getting 7–9 hours of sleep every night
- Extra time might be needed for regular exercise
- Stress reduction techniques may need to be learned
- You may need assistance or coaching to stay on track
What might you have to give up?
- Junk food!
- Certain foods that are inflammatory to your body
- May require social sacrifice, e.g. less time hanging out with friends at the bar
- May need to eat out less
Is it worth it?
My goal is to help as many people as possible optimise their health through better nutritional and lifestyle choices. While I know that many people are not willing to make the necessary changes to their behaviour, many others decide that these changes are indeed worth it. They are driven to look and feel better. They no longer wish to rely on stimulants. They are ready to do what it takes to achieve optimal health.
There is no quick-fix, and no one can do it for you. Changing your diet and lifestyle is not always easy. It takes commitment and requires work. It may be difficult at first, but over time it becomes effortless.
So, what do you think? Is it worth it for you?
Save our farmers & ranchers!
Worldwide, they are being forced out of business.
Help them by buying direct!
Photo courtesy of Daniel Clark on 𝕏
Have I helped you?
I don't do coffee, but I wouldn't say no to a bite of steak 😋
Advocating meat-based nutrition & support of meat, egg & dairy farming.
The information provided on this website is intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken as professional medical advice or used as a substitute for medical care.
Contact & Social